November 3, 2010

Cloak Making...

For Halloween Brian and I decided that we wanted to be Harry Potter and Hermoine... yes, we know they aren't a "couple" but they are best friends and we like to think we're best friends too! At least that was our logic anyway... he he
I looked around quite a bit for legitimate Harry Potter, Gryffindor, cloaks but they were SOo0o0o pricey! So i decided we'd make them! I am not a seamstress by any means, but I wasn't willing to pay $200 for a cloak either... so I did what I had to do.
My sister-in-law, Rachy, let me burrow her sewing machine and it was off to the races!!

We looked up online how other people made cloaks and kinda just copied.
After looking at several different pictures of Harry Potter cloaks we set out on making them!


We sewed in the red lining and it looked pretty legit!!


The final touch was ironing on the Gryffindor patch, which we did and you can see that in the Halloween pictures to come!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm super impressed! GREAT costumes guys! Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the cloaks! You can no longer say you don't have sewing skills. Looks like you guys had a great time. Miss you both! xo

    ReplyDelete