September 26, 2010

Sunday Dinner...

As most of you know, my major is "Hospitality Management" with an emphasis in "Food and Beverage." Which basically means a Culinary Arts degree mixed with business management classes... Currently my classes are all the managerial classes, no cooking yet. But next semester I start culinary classes, thank goodness because that is what I have been waiting for!! I love food, I love talking about food, and thinking of new ways to make something delicious!
Anyway, long story short Brian lately has told me that he really wants to try making delicious ribs so we scoured the internet for different rib ideas(since I'm not legit in the Culinary world yet.) He knew he wanted to dry rub it, which means rub lots of dry spices onto the meat a couple hours before cooking it. So, we found a few ideas and kinda concocted our own!
We slow cooked it in the BBQ for 4 hours and here is what it looked like!


They were fall off the bone, finger-licking good! The dry rub was perfect!! There isn't even sauce on the ribs in the picture yet either! He did an amazing job! I'm still perfecting my BBQ sauce recipe though!

3 comments:

  1. looks so good! crafty and a cook...what else do you have up your sleeve? haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm those look devine!!! I love that you love food so much, so do I! It's probably one of my favorite things to talk about! We should talk food some time cousin in law!

    ReplyDelete