I love how due dates come...and go... Today was my due date, this baby is cooked and ready to burst, but does he want to make an appearance? no. Ok, do I sound bitter??? (Sorry)
I know that only 5% of ladies actually deliver on their due date, but when DOC has been telling me since 37 weeks along that the baby could come any day you can't blame me for crossing my fingers that at least by now that little guy would be in my arms and not constantly pressing on my pubic bone...
We went to the Doc last wednesday and he basically gave me the heads up that I'll probably go passed my due date and end up needing to be induced. Can I truly be surprised? no. All three of my sisters combined have had 20 children, and for all 20 of them they had to be induced every single time... They all went passed 41 weeks. We're not talkin' just for their firsts, we're talkin' every baby they have had. Hence, I'm not totally surprised that this little man is just hanging out in my belly having a merry ol' time.
At least the light at the end of this very long tunnel is I know I'll be induced at the end of next week and I'll be snuggling my little man. I will keep my spirits high and continue to be grateful for the sleep I am getting and for the me time I am getting.
Doctors should not tell people they will deliver early. I know EXACTLY how you feel. But the joy and love you feel when you finally have your guy in your arms totally makes it worth it! I remember thinking how strange it was that any day would be the turning point in your life. Good luck and I hope you have a speedy delivery!! So excited for you.
ReplyDelete