January 1, 2010

Our First Christmas '09



What an amazing Christmas break in beautiful southern California!! It was an absolute dream down there with the awesome weather and ZERO snow!!! We spent a few days with my family and a few days with Brian's family and we had a Christmas to remember!


While with my family we went to a street in Orange County called, "Candy Cane Lane," the houses on this street truly understood the meaning of "decking the halls!" It was mind blowing! All of the homes were beautifully lit and we could really get into the Christmas spirit walking this street!
Joseph and Ava
Bezza and Madeline (Mark's oldest daughter)
David and Samantha (Mary's youngest daughter)

Mark and Stella (his youngest daughter but his wife, Amanda is due with there 3rd in May!)
Brian and I (Brian holding Samantha, whom, by the way would not let anyone else but Brian hold her all night!!!)
Brian and Samantha

Brian and I decided that we would start a Christmas tradition of opening one present on Christmas Eve. We would choose which gift the other opened though and low and behold we both opened See's candy!! Brian got me my favorite See's candy and I got him his favorite See's candy!! It was hilarious, not only did we both get each other See's candy, but we both decided to let the other person open it!!!

Brian on Christmas morning... I could barely get him out of bed so I sent Whitney (Mary's middle daughter who is 3, to wake him up) But he was all smiles once awake!

Christmas time with Brian's family!!! So fun so fun!!! This picture is right in front of their amazing, right out of a magazine, Christmas tree!!! We opened present under the tree and ate a delicious Christmas meal!! Mick, Charla, Robert, Me, and Brian.

There was even a stocking for me!! I couldn't believe it! Brian and I were truly blessed this Christmas and everyday of our lives! We are so grateful for our families!
We also went to WoodRanch with Joel and Stephanie and their girls, Natalie and Sarah, but I didn't get a picture of all of us at the table!! I am still bummed about that!!!!


Last, but certainly not least, one of the many gifts we were given from Mick and Charla, was all of our bedding!! My dream bedding that I have secretly fantasizing about since I saw it in Restoration Hardware!!! I could not believe we were given so much!!!!
Let me just say that this is the most comfortable bedding ever, not only does it look like a cloud it feels like one too!! Thank you Charla and Mick!






1 comment:

  1. your bed looks gorgeous! what a fun first christmas for you!!

    ReplyDelete